West Yellowstone
Since the weather was not going to be the best this holiday weekend we thought a drive would be good because you are in the car most of the time. Just before the entrance there is a mountain which fresh water always flows from called Howard Springs. We stopped and got a drink (it has always been a tradition to stop as a family since I was a young girl). We browsed through some stores; the kids had to find that special souvenir. We then grabbed some lunch through a drive thru. Shad managed to grab the drinks and straws then drove off with out the food so we had to go back in the restaurant to grab the food. We entered the park and within just a few miles we came upon a huge herd of elk. The kids were just walking around in awe because they were able to get out of the car and see them up close eating and walking around. We headed up to see Mammoth Springs (a direction I've never been to)The scenery was beautiful! I did manage to take a few dead tree pictures for ya Jen. I think that your tree is still the best though. I never really started noticing dead trees until after you started talking about them. We stopped to see the petrified tree, and there were three moose. There was a bull, a mom(don't know what the females are called)and a baby. It was an awesome site and beautiful to watch. We saw a gorgeous waterfall; took in some great scenery; and had a great time as a family!

















Created by
Shelly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You took really good pictures. It is beautiful up there right now. That would be a fun drive to do.
Those are gorgeous pictures! I am jealous. How nice to be able to make a day trip like that and see all those beautiful animals. Someday I will go to Yellowstone, but from Az, it's quite a drive. Thanks for sharing those pictures and I am glad you had a great day!!
How Fun, I need to take our family up there. Like the tree's. What board walk are you on? Is that a deer or elk or horse behind Hunter and Maysa? To bad summer is ending. I still would like to do some more site seeing. Well See ya soon. Love ya
It's an Elk. That boardwalk is by the mammoth springs.
All the times I have been to that park, I have never seen any Moose. Great picture of you and shad. The kids look like they had fun.
Maysa, where are your glasses?
wow that last picture looks like they are right behing the elk (or whatever it is?) great pictures it looks like a lot of fun! i love your hair shelly, i'm really jealous that its dry there, we have so much humidity its hard to just keep my bangs straight! anyway tell everyone hi, i cant believe how much the kids have grown, they are so big!! love ya
What a fun little trip!! And your hair is so cute. I love it brown and straight. It looks really good!!
Post a Comment