The First Night
Our family has a very structured household during the school season such as bed times, prayer, and scripture reading with the family. We also have after school activities such as swimming lessons, gymnastics (or whatever they choose for the year), and church activities. The hardest rule is no electronic/computer games until Friday. You can imagine that when summer comes the kids are in heaven; but about three weeks before school starts, the kids actually want it here. With school starting tomorrow, we started our schedule up again. It was just the first night, so of course everything went smooth. After we were done reading, the kids started their bed time routine. I started to have a memory of my childhood of that first night before school, setting my new goals for the new year to start it off right: better penmanship, being and making good friends, good decisions, and of course praying for a nice teacher. Tonight while I was getting the kid's clothes ironed and everything out and organized, I passed my daughters room and saw her saying her personal prayers. I listened for just a moment to her needs and wants for the upcoming school year. Each year when my children begin school I have mixed emotions of joy and sadness because for me, it means that they are getting older.
Created by
Shelly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
How cute that must have been to see Maysa praying. And yes Shelly, you are getting older. Hope all goes well this year for school.
It is sad and happy to see our children grow. I always loved the first day of school. Love ya
The first day of school brings back my memories of my daughters. I would always try and make sure that I did not have to work that day and I did try to have fresh homemade cookies just out of the oven when you girls would walk in. I do miss those times. Enjoy each moment you get, as you only get it once.
Mom
without anyone in school, well except scott and today was his first day, i forget that all the structure begins. I always hated my kids going back to school. Kids that were cruel, bad words for them to learn. But mostly I missed just having them around. I really can't believe how much they have grown. beautiful family, good luck with the new school year ya all. kim
Like your new layout and music.
Mom
You sound like such a good mom! I want to stick to a structure like that. I like how you have 3 column template. I tried and couldn't get it to work!
Hey Shelly! Wow back to school. I can't believe how big the kids are. they grow up way too fast. I remember the first days of school. Both exciting and anxiety filled. I hope I can get my kids on a great schedule like you have. Right now it just isn't happening. Good luck this year in school Hunter and Maysa. Oh and I love your blog. You do a great job on it!!
Great family picture.
Post a Comment